Fenix Family Health Center is a facility that provides healthcare-related services to low income and Spanish-speaking individuals in Lake County. The facility meets the needs of its patients with flexible hours, 24-hour emergency availability, and mental health services.
Prairie State Legal Services is an organization that offers free legal services for low income persons and those age 60 and over who have serious civil legal problems and need legal help to solve them.
USCIS provides accurate and useful information to its customers, granting immigration and citizenship benefits, promoting an awareness and understanding of citizenship, and ensuring the integrity of our immigration system.
NIJC provides direct legal services to immigrants, refugees, and asylum seekers residing in Illinois, Wisconsin, and Indiana and offers several resources for immigrants on its website, such as immigration process flow charts, how to avoid immigration fraud, administrative relief, and resources for immigrant children and young adults.
The Lilac Tree is a safe haven and resource for women facing separation and divorce in Illinois. They provide education, support, and resources to women at any stage in the divorce process– contemplating, divorcing, or divorced.
CGLA provides both criminal and civil legal services, integrated with social work support, to individuals facing barriers stemming from an encounter with the criminal justice system. They provide services in areas of acute need, including criminal records relief, defense, family and housing law.
CARPLS provides low- & moderate-income Cook County residents with free access to experienced attorneys. CARPLS’ free hotline gives people direct access to experienced attorneys who help our clients better understand their legal rights and the remedies.
Illinois Legal Aid Online increases access to justice for lower-income and vulnerable Illinois residents through the innovative use of technology to assist and educate the public and to train and support legal aid providers and pro bono attorneys.
Lake County Bar Association (LCBA) If HPHLAC cannot take your case, the LCBA has an attorney referral service, as well as public services and workshops. Members of the Lake County Bar Association provide legal services to residents of Lake County, Illinois.
ICIRR can offer an attorney referral list as well as other resources.
Highland Park Housing Ordinances – Know your rights! These are the housing ordinances passed in Highland Park. If something is not being done, please notify the city..
- Fair Housing Ordinance: Policy securing to all persons living or wanting to live in Highland Park a fair opportunity to purchase, lease, rent, or occupy housing without discrimination based on race, color, religion or national origin.
- Highland Park City Code: An overview of Highland Park’s codes.
- Housing Code: Establishing minimum regulations governing the conditions and maintenance of all existing property, building, and structures.
- Housing Commission Code (pg. 29-46) & Human Relations Commission (pg. 16-18): Outlining the powers and duties of the Housing and Human Relations Commissions.
- Inclusionary Housing: Production of on-site affordable housing units.
- Rental Registration: Establishing the requirement and procedure of registration for all regulated rental dwellings.