Our current job openings are below. If you would like to apply, please send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Director of Immigration Law Practice
- Provides legal supervision of staff and pro bono attorneys/BIA accredited representatives and their caseloads on immigration matters.
- Provide direct representation on complex cases (U Visa, VAWA) as required.
- Develops and maintains training standards and materials for all immigration staff.
- Ensures that all immigration practice staff maintain competency in immigration law and procedure.
- Develops and recruits pro-bono attorneys.
- Monitors changes to immigration law, regulations and policy. Prepare for significant changes in immigration law and their impact on program development and client services.
- Works with Managing Attorney and Executive Director to develop Immigration Program policies and procedures to ensure contractual and legal compliance as well as establishing program performance standards.
- Assist with development and execution of program’s short and long term fundraising plans.
- Ensure compliance with ethical rules and all applicable regulations.
- Develops and maintains relationships with partner organizations and coalitions.
- Represents HPHLAC at community functions, and at other events as requested.
- Develop and conduct KYR presentations and Emergency Toolkit (Action Plan) workshops.
- Supervise immigration intake at monthly Open Clinics.
- Participate in administrative and legislative advocacy at local and national levels to promote human rights and equal justice.
Experience: 5 years in an immigration practice preferred.
Family Law/Domestic Violence Attorney
Work closely with the Director of Domestic Violence Law Practice. Lead all phases of law practice, including intake and initial client interviews, drafting pleadings, engaging in discovery, taking depositions, drafting and briefing motions, appearing before the Family Court and Domestic Violence Court for Orders of Protection, Plenary Orders, motion hearings, trials and, if necessary, appeals.
Work with immigration attorney if there is an immigration aspect of the case.
Supervise, train, and support the professional growth of staff attorneys, volunteer attorneys and legal interns.
Build, manage, and maintain relationships with outside counsel and other legal advocacy community organizations.
Collaborate with team to identify, develop, revise and implement client intake systems, case management, litigation protocols and related systems.
Develop and maintain relationships with external audiences and key stakeholders, including local partners who provide services like counseling and shelter to our clients.